Parker signs letter of intent to play at Duke
Top recruit Jabari Parker has signed his letter of intent to play at Duke.
DURHAM, N.C. -- Top recruit Jabari Parker has signed his letter of intent to play at Duke.
The school announced Parker's signing Thursday -- more than four months after he picked the Blue Devils over Michigan State, Florida, Stanford and BYU during a nationally televised ceremony in Chicago.
Because that decision came in December after the conclusion of the fall signing period, Parker had to wait until the spring signing period began April 17 to make it official.
The 6-foot-8 forward is one of the most highly touted recruits in years, earning a top-five ranking from the four major recruiting services.
He's the first two-time Illinois Mr. Basketball winner and led Simeon Career Academy to four straight state championships.
Coach Mike Krzyzewski says his staff is "confident he will have a great career."
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house
- 1 dead, 4 hurt in crash on transition ramp on freeway
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago
- Teens help clean up Chicago's beaches
- Missing boy's body found off Mass. highway
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos