Cal's Cobbs fractures foot, out 6-8 weeks
California senior guard Justin Cobbs will be out six to eight weeks after he fractured a bone in his right foot.
BERKELEY, Calif. -- California senior guard Justin Cobbs will be out six to eight weeks after he fractured a bone in his right foot.
The school said in a statement Wednesday that Cobbs fractured his fifth metatarsal but didn't disclose how the injury occurred. Cobbs wrote on Twitter that it's a "minor setback for a major comeback."
Cobbs averaged 15.1 points and 4.8 assists last season, which is more than any returning player on the team. He also is the Pac-12 Conference's active career leader in assists with 324 and earned second-team conference honors last season.
Cal opens the regular season against Humboldt State on Oct 31.
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
59 min ago
- Cooking With Fish
21 min ago
- Weekender Report by Roz Varon
56 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos