St. John's likely sans Jordan, Greene in Europe
Highly regarded freshman recruit Rysheed Jordan and returning starter Phil Greene will likely not play for St. John's in its five-game trip to Europe.
NEW YORK -- Highly regarded freshman recruit Rysheed Jordan and returning starter Phil Greene are unlikely to play for St. John's in its five-game trip to Europe.
Red Storm coach Steve Lavin said Thursday that Jordan, a 6-foot-4 guard who averaged 24.8 points and 6.1 rebounds as a senior for Philadelphia's Roberts Vaux H.S., is unlikely to play because of back spasms. Greene, who started all but one game last season and was third on the team in scoring at 10.1 points per game, is continuing his rehabilitation from hip surgery in May.
St. John's leaves Monday for the trip that will have the Red Storm visit France, Italy and Spain, playing games against professional teams in each country before returning Sept. 1.
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn
- I-55 rest stop dedicated to fallen state trooper
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- CPS student's murder remains unsolved 5 years later
- Armed robberies prompt alert in South Shore
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
- Chicago River to be dyed green Saturday morning
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
3 min ago
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Philly...
22 min ago
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West...
19 min ago
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last...
8 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos