Cyclones' Ejim out 4-6 weeks with knee injury
Iowa State senior forward Melvin Ejim likely will be out until December after hyperextending his left knee in practice.
The Cyclones say that Ejim, a preseason All-Big 12 pick and the league's top rebounder last season, is expected to miss 4-6 weeks.
Ejim's absence will be a huge blow for Iowa State to overcome during its non-conference schedule. The Cyclones will likely face No. 7 Michigan, BYU and Auburn without Ejim, who also led the Big 12 with 15 double-doubles last season.
Iowa State will open its season on Nov. 10 against UNC-Wilmington with just one returning starter, sophomore Georges Niang.
- BMO Harris Bank branch in Austin robbed 14 min ago
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- YMCA in Naperville gears up for 'Healthy Kids Day'
- Person drowns in kayak accident on Fox River
- Cardinal George presides over Easter vigil mass
- Blackhawks lose 4-3 in OT to St. Louis Blues
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home
- Earth Day Family Fun: Dirt dessert recipe
1 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos