UNC holds Hairston, 2 more out of exhibition
North Carolina will hold junior P.J. Hairston, senior Leslie McDonald, and sophomore J.P. Tokoto out of the lineup for Friday night's exhibition against UNC Pembroke, the Tar Heels announced.
Tokoto, who was also held out of the team's closed scrimmage with Vanderbilt, was forced out for playing two unsanctioned summer league games. He will be back for the Nov. 8 season opener against Oakland.
UNC continues to await word from the NCAA regarding eligibility issues for Hairston and McDonald.
Collectively, the trio represents the Tar Heels' experience at shooting guard and small forward. In their absence, UNC might pair a big lineup in the frontcourt with a smaller backcourt.
James Michael McAdoo will likely see extended time at small forward, which will mean the Heels will play two of their bigs at the same time. That could mean a combination of sophomores Brice Johnson and Joel James at power forward and center, respectively.
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett 18 min ago
- Man who killed Kankakee doctor gets life in prison 32 min ago
- Cubs unveil plans for Wrigley's 100th birthday
- Carl Sandburg H.S. 'soft lockdown' lifted after arrests 8 min ago
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours
- UIC faculty strike averted, tentative deal reached
- Truman College instructor accused of sexually assaulting former...
- Neighbors rescue kids from West Pullman fire
- Michelle Obama to meet with CPS students in DC
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- Chicago street repaving begins
9 min ago
- Microbead ban? Group says they impact...
5 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos