Oklahoma freshman Manning done for season
Freshman guard Maddie Manning will miss the rest of the regular season because of a knee injury.NORMAN, Okla. -- Freshman guard Maddie Manning will miss the rest of the regular season because of a knee injury.
Coach Sherri Coale announced Thursday that Manning would need surgery to repair a torn anterior cruciate ligament in her right knee. Coale says Manning was hurt in practice on Wednesday.
The 12th-ranked Sooners (5-1) also lost forward Kaylon Williams to a torn ACL prior to the season. It's the second straight season Oklahoma has lost a pair of players to the injury.
Manning was averaging 6.2 points and 3.3 rebounds and had moved into a starting role.
- Boy, 12, among 8 shot across city 20 min ago
- Mumps reports spike across Illinois 43 min ago
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack 39 min ago
- Lawsuit filed against cops accused of lying in court 38 min ago
- I-Team: Misconduct alleged at US Marshal's office
- I-Team: Warning about home loans
- Huntley votes to ban e-cigarettes in schools
- Good Friday 2014 marked in Jerusalem, around world
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, pioneer of magical realism, dead at 87
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
- 7 in :77
- Benny the Bull on the Sears Tower
2 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos