No. 11 Maryland loses guard Mincy to ACL tear
Eleventh-ranked Maryland must play the remainder of the season without junior guard Laurin Mincy, who tore a knee ligament in Wednesday's win over Nebraska.COLLEGE PARK, Md. -- Eleventh-ranked Maryland must play the remainder of the season without junior guard Laurin Mincy, who tore a knee ligament in Wednesday's win over Nebraska.
Mincy ripped her right ACL in the second half of the 90-71 victory. The 6-footer was averaging 8.6 points and ranked second on the team with 19 assists after starting in all five games for the Terrapins (4-1).
The Terrapins face second-ranked and unbeaten Connecticut on the road Monday night.
Mincy is the second Maryland guard sidelined with a season-ending knee injury. Brene Moseley tore the ACL in her left knee during a preseason scrimmage.
- Snow, cold fail to deter holiday shoppers 23 min ago
- 1 dead, several injured in Racine pile-up
- Patients celebrate holidays at Ronald McDonald House
- 2-year-old girl killed by dog on South Side
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident
- FEMA canvassing tornado areas in Central Ill.
- Blackhawks G Crawford leaves game early with injury
- Chicago marks passing of Nelson Mandela
- Bears, Cowboys prepped for frigid Monday game
- abcnews: Man trapped in empty plane at Houston Airport
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
30 min ago
- Snow, cold fail to deter holiday shoppers
23 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos