No. 11 Maryland loses guard Mincy to ACL tear
Eleventh-ranked Maryland must play the remainder of the season without junior guard Laurin Mincy, who tore a knee ligament in Wednesday's win over Nebraska.COLLEGE PARK, Md. -- Eleventh-ranked Maryland must play the remainder of the season without junior guard Laurin Mincy, who tore a knee ligament in Wednesday's win over Nebraska.
Mincy ripped her right ACL in the second half of the 90-71 victory. The 6-footer was averaging 8.6 points and ranked second on the team with 19 assists after starting in all five games for the Terrapins (4-1).
The Terrapins face second-ranked and unbeaten Connecticut on the road Monday night.
Mincy is the second Maryland guard sidelined with a season-ending knee injury. Brene Moseley tore the ACL in her left knee during a preseason scrimmage.
- Orr Academy basketball player back in game after shooting
- Body found near Ind. river where woman last seen
- Digital assets becoming part of estate planning
- I-Team: Billionaire arrested on Chicago corruption charges
- Con men targeting Mount Greenwood senior citizens
- Former Will Co. jail inmate sues over alleged excessive force
- State Rep. race in SW suburbs heats up
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos