St John's loses McPherson for year to ACL tear
St. John's has lost Eugeneia McPherson for the season with a torn ACL in her right knee.
NEW YORK -- St. John's has lost Eugeneia McPherson for the season with a torn ACL in her right knee.
The senior guard injured the knee early in the second half of the 17th-ranked Red Storm's 66-54 win over Hartford last Sunday. McPherson scored six points and four rebounds before going down while driving to the basket.
McPherson started all 34 games last season and was the team's third-highest scorer. She's averaging 7.6 points this season.
The Red Storm (4-1) face Boston University on the road Saturday.
- CPS security guard allegedly pushed student
- Freight train collides with semi-truck in Barrington
- Chicago pet store collecting donations for Oklahoma pets
- Zachary Fardon nominated for US Attorney
- CTU aims to have Emanuel ousted in 2015
- Bryeon Hunter mom pleads not guilty in death of son
- Villa Park suspect grabbed girl, 13, police say
- Slide tips over, injures 6 Algonquin Lakes students
- Chicago fast food workers protest for higher wages
- abcnews: IRS' Lois Lerner Placed on Leave
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos