USC coach Cooper suspended for one game
USC women's basketball coach Michael Cooper was suspended by the university from Friday's game against UC Davis.LOS ANGELES -- USC women's basketball coach Michael Cooper was suspended by the university from Friday's game against UC Davis.
The school says Cooper committed an NCAA secondary violation involving the use of an ineligible player in practice.
In his absence, associate head coach Daron Park oversaw the team in its 78-69 loss in the Women of Troy Classic at Galen Center.
Cooper will return to coach the Trojans against No. 4 Duke on Saturday.
He is in his fourth season at USC, with a career mark of 64-43, after spending eight seasons coaching the WNBA's Los Angeles Sparks. Cooper played 12 seasons with the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos