Fever add Ely, Breland to training camp roster
The Indiana Fever have signed Shyra Ely and Jessica Breland to their training camp roster.INDIANAPOLIS -- The Indiana Fever have signed Shyra Ely and Jessica Breland to their training camp roster.
Ely is a 6-foot-2 forward who was a backup for the Fever during their run to the WNBA title. She played at Tennessee, but grew up in Indianapolis, attended Ben Davis High School and was Indiana's Miss Basketball in 2001.
Breland is a 6-3 forward from North Carolina. She was Minnesota's first-round draft pick in 2011, No. 13 overall. She spent the 2011 season with New York and Connecticut and was cut by Washington in training camp last year. Breland has been playing in Turkey this winter and is a teammate of Fever point guard Briann January.
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island 36 min ago
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins lands after 6 months in space
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010...
17 min ago
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
26 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos