Storm's Jackson: No plans to play before 2014
Lauren Jackson says she has no plans to play basketball until she returns to the Seattle Storm next May for the 2014 WNBA season, and that she's experiencing no pain for the first time in three years.SYDNEY -- Lauren Jackson says she has no plans to play basketball until she returns to the Seattle Storm next May for the 2014 WNBA season, and that she's experiencing no pain for the first time in three years.
Jackson, who has won four Olympic medals with Australia, including a bronze last year at the London Games, underwent surgery on her right hamstring in January, a chronic injury which she says nearly forced her to retire.
The three-time WNBA MVP told Australian media that "now I'm running up hills, doing everything I can, pain-free."
Jackson has not played a full WNBA season since 2010, when Seattle won its second league title. In nine games last year after the Olympics, she averaged a career-low 10.2 points.
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary
- Utica marks 10 years since deadly tornado
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Flowers blooming in Millennium Park's Lurie Garden
- Chicago man killed in Salt Lake City stabbing
- Man ID'd after fatal crash on Ryan-Skyway ramp
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout 19 min ago
- Bulls fans ready for start of playoffs
28 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos