Storm's Jackson: No plans to play before 2014
Lauren Jackson says she has no plans to play basketball until she returns to the Seattle Storm next May for the 2014 WNBA season, and that she's experiencing no pain for the first time in three years.SYDNEY -- Lauren Jackson says she has no plans to play basketball until she returns to the Seattle Storm next May for the 2014 WNBA season, and that she's experiencing no pain for the first time in three years.
Jackson, who has won four Olympic medals with Australia, including a bronze last year at the London Games, underwent surgery on her right hamstring in January, a chronic injury which she says nearly forced her to retire.
The three-time WNBA MVP told Australian media that "now I'm running up hills, doing everything I can, pain-free."
Jackson has not played a full WNBA season since 2010, when Seattle won its second league title. In nine games last year after the Olympics, she averaged a career-low 10.2 points.
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train 41 min ago
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock
- I-Team finds man wanted by Interpol in Chicago
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Opening statements begin in general's sex trial
- Massachusetts bans 'upskirt' photos after ruling
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- ABC7 To Go: 3-7-14
53 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos