Ole Miss tabs Kentucky assistant Insell as coach
Mississippi has hired Kentucky assistant Matt Insell to be its next women's basketball coach.OXFORD, Miss. -- Mississippi has hired Kentucky assistant Matt Insell to be its next women's basketball coach.
The 30-year-old Insell has been an assistant on Wildcats coach Matthew Mitchell's staff the past five seasons, helping Kentucky advance to the NCAA tournament four times.
Insell takes over a program that finished with a 9-20 record this season. The Rebels had a year of disarray after first-year coach Adrian Wiggins and two assistants were fired just before the season started after an internal investigation found "impermissible recruiting contacts and academic misconduct."
The program could still face NCAA sanctions.
Insell works with the guards at Kentucky and also has recruiting and player development duties. He will remain with the Wildcats through their run in the NCAA tournament. The Wildcats play Delaware in the round of 16.
- Child struck, killed by car in Whiting, Ind. 22 min ago
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- Man who killed Kankakee doctor gets life in prison
- Cubs unveil plans for Wrigley's 100th birthday
- Carl Sandburg H.S. 'soft lockdown' lifted after arrests
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours 43 min ago
- Chicago casino plans pitched at gaming hearing
- UIC faculty strike averted, tentative deal reached
- Truman College instructor accused of sexually assaulting former... 37 min ago
- Neighbors rescue kids from West Pullman fire
- I-Team: Warning about home loans
39 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos