Pepperdine women's coach Rousseau resigns
Julie Rousseau has resigned as Pepperdine women's basketball coach after compiling a 123-144 record in nine seasons.MALIBU, Calif. -- Julie Rousseau has resigned as Pepperdine women's basketball coach after compiling a 123-144 record in nine seasons.
She didn't indicate her future plans in a statement released Wednesday by the school.
The Waves were 5-23 this season.
Rousseau took Pepperdine to the NCAA tournament in her second season, with the Waves winning the 2006 West Coast Conference tournament title to earn the automatic berth. The team also made two straight Women's NIT appearances in 2010 and 2011.
Athletic director Steve Potts says a search for a new coach will begin immediately.
- Ashland bridge moved to new location on Western Avenue 32 min ago
- Woman dies after being rescued from Lake Michigan 3 min ago
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos