Sparks complete staff with Pettis, two others
The Los Angeles Sparks have hired Bridget Pettis as an assistant, replacing Jim Lewis who left the team for family reasons.
LOS ANGELES -- The Los Angeles Sparks have hired Bridget Pettis as an assistant, replacing Jim Lewis, who left the team for family reasons.
The team announced Tuesday that Olaf Lange and Gail Goestenkors are joining as consultants.
Pettis spent 12 years in the league as a player, an assistant coach and director of basketball operations for the Phoenix Mercury and Indiana Fever. She retired from her front-office job with the Mercury in 2011.
Lange has 18 years of coaching experience, including stints with the San Antonio Silver Stars. Most recently, he was head coach of UMMC Ekaterinburg, this year's EuroLeague champion that included Sparks star Candace Parker. Lange is married to Sparks assistant Sandy Brondello.
Goestenkors' college coaching stints include Duke and Texas. She was an assistant on the U.S. national teams at the 2004 and 2008 Olympics.
The Sparks open the season at home against Seattle on Sunday.
- 1 dead in fire at Woodstock residence
- Man falls from Wisconsin Dells roller coaster
- 'Shady Bandit' suspected in North Side bank robbery
- Chicago Tribune endorses Bruce Rauner in GOP primary
- College student found dead on Bannockburn campus
- Naperville man attempting to run 56 miles in 56 hours
- Kustok's daughter not called to stand as defense begins
- Jewel-Osco buys 5 former Dominick's stores
- Elmhurst Armpit Orchestra in St. Patrick's Day parade
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos