Shock waive guard Dorrell in next-to-last cut
The Tulsa Shock waived guard Scholanda Dorrell on Tuesday, their next-to-last cut before the start of the regular season.
TULSA, Okla. -- The Tulsa Shock waived guard Scholanda Dorrell on Tuesday, their next-to-last cut before the start of the regular season.
In the past two days, the Shock have cut three players who started games for the team last season. Dorrell started eight times and played in 26 games, averaging 4.2 points. On Monday, Tulsa cut forward Amber Holt and center Chante Black. Holt started 18 games last season and Black 13.
The roster has undergone a significant overhaul with the addition of No. 3 overall draft pick Skylar Diggins, an offseason trade for Candice Wiggins and Nicole Powell and the return of Elizabeth Cambage after she missed last season to play in the Olympics.
One more player must be cut by Thursday.
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Lawsuit filed against cops accused of lying in court
- I-Team: Misconduct alleged at US Marshal's office
- I-Team: Warning about home loans
- Huntley votes to ban e-cigarettes in schools
- Man shot in Lincoln Square
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, pioneer of magical realism, dead at 87
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
- 7 in :77
21 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos