Indiana loses center Davenport for season
The injury-depleted Indiana Fever received more bad news Friday when center Jessica Davenport was lost for the season.
INDIANAPOLIS -- The injury-depleted Indiana Fever received more bad news Friday when center Jessica Davenport was lost for the season.
Davenport has not played this season because of a stress fracture in her lower left leg. She will have season-ending surgery before the end of June.
The defending WNBA champions have started 1-5 after losing Davenport, guard Katie Douglas with a bulging disc in her lower back, guard Erin Phillips with a torn right meniscus and guard Jeanette Pohlen with a torn left anterior cruciate ligament. Those four players combined for 60 starts during the regular season and playoffs in Indiana's title-winning season.
To replace Davenport, the Fever have signed Jasmine Hassell as a replacement player.
- Mother questions why Harvey police shot son
- Man shot in Palos Heights home invasion
- Local runners preparing for Boston Marathon
- Suspect sought in Boystown alley sex assault
- Loop bank robbery suspect arrested
- Drunk driver charged with driving 118 mph on I-55
- Police fatally shoot 'vicious' dog on South Side
- Teen smoking sees dramatic drop in Chicago
- Shedd announces female penguin chick's name
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos