Fever extend Dunn pact to '14, elevate White
The Indiana Fever have extended the contract of coach Lin Dunn by one year through 2014.
INDIANAPOLIS -- The Indiana Fever have extended the contract of coach Lin Dunn by one year through 2014 and have elevated assistant coach Stephanie White to associate head coach beginning next year.
The team announced the changes Tuesday.
Dunn led the Fever to their first WNBA championship last year but the team has struggled to a 4-7 start this season. In five seasons under Dunn, Indiana has a 107-74 record and .591 winning percentage.
The 66-year-old Dunn began her 43-year coaching career in 1970.
White, an Indiana native whom Dunn recruited to play collegiately at Purdue, retired from the Fever after the 2004 season and is in her third year as a coach with the team after spending four years with the Chicago Sky.
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Tinley Park hosts St. Patrick's Day parade
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning...
11 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
5 min ago
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
6 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos