Jackson set to return with Australia's WNBL
Three-time WNBA MVP Lauren Jackson is set to return to the court this year with the Canberra Capitals in Australia's Women's National Basketball League.CANBERRA, Australia -- Three-time WNBA MVP Lauren Jackson is set to return to the court this year with the Canberra Capitals in Australia's Women's National Basketball League.
The WNBL said Friday that Jackson, 32, will play her first game for the Capitals on Oct. 5, although the club said a two-year deal was not yet finalized but close to completion.
Jackson is missing the 2013 WNBA season with the Seattle Storm after undergoing surgery on her right hamstring in January for a chronic injury she says nearly forced her to retire. Jackson said in March that she had no plans to play basketball until she returns to the Seattle Storm next May for the 2014 WNBA season.
The four-time Olympic medalist has not played a full WNBA season since 2010, when Seattle won its second league title.
- Julius Peppers contract terminated by Chicago Bears
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines under way
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained
- Man writes own, hilarious obituary
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
- 7 in :77
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute
16 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos