Jackson set to return with Australia's WNBL
Three-time WNBA MVP Lauren Jackson is set to return to the court this year with the Canberra Capitals in Australia's Women's National Basketball League.CANBERRA, Australia -- Three-time WNBA MVP Lauren Jackson is set to return to the court this year with the Canberra Capitals in Australia's Women's National Basketball League.
The WNBL said Friday that Jackson, 32, will play her first game for the Capitals on Oct. 5, although the club said a two-year deal was not yet finalized but close to completion.
Jackson is missing the 2013 WNBA season with the Seattle Storm after undergoing surgery on her right hamstring in January for a chronic injury she says nearly forced her to retire. Jackson said in March that she had no plans to play basketball until she returns to the Seattle Storm next May for the 2014 WNBA season.
The four-time Olympic medalist has not played a full WNBA season since 2010, when Seattle won its second league title.
- Woman rescued from Lake Michigan near Jackson
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos