Sun shut down Charles for final five games
Reigning MVP Tina Charles will sit out the Connecticut Sun's remaining five games to rest injuries.
UNCASVILLE, Conn. -- Reigning MVP Tina Charles will sit out the Connecticut Sun's remaining five games to rest injuries.
Charles was averaging 18 points and 10.1 rebounds and had 17 double-doubles this season.
Connecticut (7-22) is suffering through the worst season in team history and was eliminated from the playoff race last week.
The Sun are already playing without Kelly Faris, Kara Lawson and Allie Hightower.
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side 12 min ago
- Boston Marathon bombing comment no threat to St. Patrick's Day...
- Broadened Chicago ban on plastic bags gaining steam
- More goats found dead in Ill. animal cruelty case 57 min ago
- CTA Green Line briefly interrupted
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Lawmakers say DCFS faces 'horrendous' challenges
- Free small business expo begins in Chicago
- abcnews: Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Tells All 18 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos