Taurasi suspended for getting 9th technical
Diana Taurasi has been suspended one game for an accumulation of technical fouls.
NEW YORK -- Diana Taurasi has been suspended one game for an accumulation of technical fouls.
The Phoenix Mercury star picked up her ninth technical of the season in the third quarter against New York on Tuesday night. She'll miss the Mercury's nationally televised game in Chicago on Wednesday night.
Under WNBA rules, a player or coach is automatically suspended without pay for one game after receiving seven technical fouls during the regular season. For every two additional technicals that regular season, they will be automatically suspended for another game.
Taurasi, who is averaging nearly 21 points and 6 assists, sat out a game against Minnesota in July after getting her seventh technical.
Tuesday's was her first since Aug. 6.
- Boston Marathon bombing comment no threat to St. Patrick's Day...
- Broadened Chicago ban on plastic bags gaining steam 36 min ago
- More goats found dead in Ill. animal cruelty case 28 min ago
- CTA Green Line briefly interrupted
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Teacher's aide posed as teen to meet girls online
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Lawmakers say DCFS faces 'horrendous' challenges
- Free small business expo begins in Chicago
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos