Fever's Douglas (back) out for rest of playoffs
Defending WNBA champion Indiana will be without star Katie Douglas for the rest of the playoffs because of a lower back injury.
INDIANAPOLIS -- Defending WNBA champion Indiana will be without star Katie Douglas for the rest of the playoffs because of a lower back injury.
Douglas was diagnosed with a bulging disk in her back in early June and didn't return to action until the final weekend of the regular season. She did not play in Indiana's victory Friday night at Chicago.
The Fever can clinch the best-of-three Eastern Conference semifinal series with a win Sunday in Indy.
Douglas ranks second all time on Indiana's scoring chart and is ninth all time in league history. She is also fifth on the WNBA's career lists for 3-pointers and steals. Douglas and teammate Tamika Catchings are the only WNBA players ever to have 500 3s and 500 steals.
- Wicker Park water main break gushes for hours
- Gurnee man sentenced in sex assaults of 2 kids
- Huntley teen charged, allegedly crashed SUV into home
- Truck driver who allegedly molested 11 kids sentenced
- Suit: Wrestler dating ex pushed man down stairs at custody... 56 min ago
- I-Team: Illinois Poison Center hotline's cry for help
- Priest Michael O'Connell reinstated by archdiocese
- Boston bombing remembered 1 year later
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos