Georgia coach suspends Butler, Griffin for 3 tilts
Georgia coach Andy Landers has suspended sophomore guards Marjorie Butler and Tiaria Griffin for three games.
ATHENS, Ga. -- Georgia coach Andy Landers has suspended sophomore guards Marjorie Butler and Tiaria Griffin for three games.
Griffin, who started 17 games as a freshman last season, and Butler, who was a top reserve, will miss the first three games of the season. In a statement released by Georgia, the suspensions were for "failure to adhere to standards of the program."
No other details were released by the school. Landers said Saturday the two players "have come up short" of the program's expectations.
Griffin averaged 7.3 points and led the Lady Bulldogs with 46 3-pointers. Butler did not start as a freshman and averaged 2.3 points in 27 games.
- Tinley Park HS teacher resigns after sex assault charges
- Man shot to death in Hammond 8 min ago
- Man charged with murder for South Side bar shooting
- Chicago-Portland flight allegedly disrupted by man who wanted 4... 59 min ago
- Police: Woman sexually assaulted on Northwest Side
- Sign of Spring: Original Rainbow Cone now open
- NJ judge rules moms don't have to let dads in delivery room
- Beer lawsuit alleges hockey arena charged $3 more for same-size...
- Photos: 'Modern Family' house on market for $2.35M 17 min ago
- abcnews: Amazon Accused of Cheating on Free Shipping
- 7 in :77
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway
21 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos