Anderson University D-lineman collapses, dies
An Anderson University football player has died after he collapsed in an intramural basketball game.ANDERSON, Ind. -- An Anderson University football player has died after he collapsed in an intramural basketball game.
In a statement Friday, the central Indiana college said sophomore Xavier Walton was playing basketball in the Kardatzke Wellness Center when he collapsed Thursday night. The northwest Indiana native died later at a hospital in Anderson, about 30 miles northeast of Indianapolis.
An autopsy was performed Friday, but the Madison County coroner didn't immediately release the cause of death.
Walton was a defensive lineman and was studying visual communication and design. He had graduated from the Thea Bowman Leadership Academy in Gary.
Classmates and school staff held prayers for Walton and his family Thursday night in Reardon Auditorium.
- CFD vehicle involved in South Side crash
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- Woman accused of stealing credit cards from Loop gym
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Festival Fridays
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
20 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift...
22 min ago
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
13 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos