Source: Lacy won't participate in combine drills
Alabama running back Ed Lacy will not participate in workouts at this week's NFL scouting combine due to a hamstring injury, according to a league source.Alabama running back Eddie Lacy will not participate in workouts at this week's NFL scouting combine due to a hamstring injury, according to a league source.
While running the 40-yard dash in a mock combine event last week at IMG, Lacy strained his hamstring, which resulted in swelling, soreness and discomfort.
Doctors examined Lacy and conducted an MRI that revealed he suffered a small tear in some tissue around the hamstring.
The doctors, trainers and performance trainers have indicated Lacy would not be able to resume training or be completely healthy to give a representative workout in time for the combine.
Lacy will rehab aggressively and resume training in order to hopefully perform all drills at Alabama's Pro Day on March 13.
The 220-pound Lacy rushed for 1,322 yards and 17 touchdowns at Alabama this past season and has been projected as a first-round selection in the most recent mock drafts by ESPN NFL draft analysts Mel Kiper Jr. and Todd McShay.
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student 50 min ago
- Man struck by cars in Lincolnwood dies, police say
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Metra train strikes pedestrian in New Lenox
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects to remain jailed
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos