Michigan's top tackler LB Ryan suffers torn ACL
Rising junior linebacker Jake Ryan, Michigan's leading tackler last season, suffered a torn ACL during Tuesday's practice and will be out indefinitely, according to a news release from the school.
"You always hate when anyone gets injured, and unfortunately we've dealt with our share of injuries in the last 12 months," coach Brady Hoke said in a statement released by the school. "We will support Jake to make sure he has everything he needs to get through this. I know he will attack his rehabilitation just like he does everything else and will be back when he's ready."
Ryan had 88 tackles last season, including 16 for loss (third in the Big Ten). He recorded 4.5 sacks and four forced fumbles.
If Ryan is unable to return in the fall, rising sophomore Joe Bolden (16 tackles, four for loss) likely would step into his spot.
Michigan began spring practice on Saturday.
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos