QB Kiel enrolls at Cincinnati, will sit out season
Former Notre Dame quarterback Gunner Kiel has enrolled at Cincinnati, where he'll have to sit out next season under NCAA transfer rules.
CINCINNATI -- Former Notre Dame quarterback Gunner Kiel has enrolled at Cincinnati, where he'll have to sit out next season under NCAA transfer rules.
The Bearcats have quarterback Brendon Kay returning for an extra season granted by the NCAA because of injuries during his career. Kiel would be eligible to play in 2014.
The 6-foot-4, 210-pound quarterback enrolled at Cincinnati and will start classes on May 6. He left Notre Dame after his freshman season.
Kiel was an Indiana prep star and one of the nation's top-rated quarterback prospects. He originally committed to Indiana, then changed his mind and chose LSU. He changed his mind again and went to Notre Dame, leaving after one year because he was deep on the depth chart.
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Snowboard park accident 911 calls released
- Volunteers get word out on insurance sign-up
- Bridge over Western demolished for Bloomingdale Trail
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
- Broadened Chicago ban on plastic bags gaining steam
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Tells All
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
16 min ago
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through...
39 min ago
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
34 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos