Louisville DE Mauldin in moped accident
Louisville junior defensive end Lorenzo Mauldin was "alert and responsive" but will remain hospitalized overnight after he was involved in a moped accident on campus Tuesday morning.
LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- Louisville junior defensive end Lorenzo Mauldin was "alert and responsive" but will remain hospitalized overnight after he was involved in a moped accident on campus Tuesday morning.
Cardinals athletic department spokesman Rocco Gasparro confirmed that Mauldin was involved in an accident near the school's Yum! Center training facility and was taken to a hospital, where all preliminary tests were encouraging. He will remain in the hospital overnight for continued observation for precautionary reasons.
Mauldin posted a career-high 22 tackles last season, including team-high 4.5 sacks and 6.5 tackles for loss. The Cardinals' depth chart lists him as the starter for Sunday's season opener against Ohio.
Brett McMurphy of ESPN.com contributed to this report.
- Pfleger wants 'American' billboard with assault weapon removed 21 min ago
- Girl, 3, ID'd after fatal Rogers Park mattress fire
- Tinley Park HS teacher resigns after sex assault charges
- Man shot to death in Hammond
- Man charged with murder for South Side bar shooting
- Chicago-Portland flight allegedly disrupted by man who wanted 4...
- Sign of Spring: Original Rainbow Cone now open
- NJ judge rules moms don't have to let dads in delivery room
- Photos: 'Modern Family' house on market for $2.35M
- abcnews: Amazon Accused of Cheating on Free Shipping
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
5 min ago
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway
29 min ago
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
11 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos