TCU's Fields in uniform but unlikely to play
Suspended TCU defensive end Devonte Fields will be in uniform when the 20th-ranked Horned Frogs open the season against No. 12 LSU.
FORT WORTH, Texas -- Suspended TCU defensive end Devonte Fields will be in uniform when the 20th-ranked Horned Frogs open the season against No. 12 LSU.
The depth chart released by TCU lists Fields or Matt Anderson starting at right defensive end, but it's still unlikely the reigning Big 12 defensive player of the year will play Saturday night.
TCU announced in May that Fields was suspended for the first two games for an unspecified violation of "university and team policy."
Asked Tuesday if there was a chance Fields would play, coach Gary Patterson initially responded, "find out at game time."
But the coach said later he's still all about teaching life lessons, and that anyone who knows him would know which way to bet on Fields' chances of playing.
- Boston Marathon bombing comment no threat to St. Patrick's Day...
- Broadened Chicago ban on plastic bags gaining steam 43 min ago
- More goats found dead in Ill. animal cruelty case 35 min ago
- CTA Green Line briefly interrupted
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Teacher's aide posed as teen to meet girls online
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Lawmakers say DCFS faces 'horrendous' challenges
- Free small business expo begins in Chicago
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos