TCU's Fields in uniform but unlikely to play
Suspended TCU defensive end Devonte Fields will be in uniform when the 20th-ranked Horned Frogs open the season against No. 12 LSU.
FORT WORTH, Texas -- Suspended TCU defensive end Devonte Fields will be in uniform when the 20th-ranked Horned Frogs open the season against No. 12 LSU.
The depth chart released by TCU lists Fields or Matt Anderson starting at right defensive end, but it's still unlikely the reigning Big 12 defensive player of the year will play Saturday night.
TCU announced in May that Fields was suspended for the first two games for an unspecified violation of "university and team policy."
Asked Tuesday if there was a chance Fields would play, coach Gary Patterson initially responded, "find out at game time."
But the coach said later he's still all about teaching life lessons, and that anyone who knows him would know which way to bet on Fields' chances of playing.
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary
- Utica marks 10 years since deadly tornado
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Lawyer: No more appeals for Crundwell 50 min ago
- Kraft recalls 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners 48 min ago
- Flowers blooming in Millennium Park's Lurie Garden
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos