Illinois kicks running back Ayoola off team
Illinois coach Tim Beckman says sophomore running back Dami Ayoola has been kicked off the team for an unspecified violation of team rules.
CHAMPAIGN, Ill. -- Illinois coach Tim Beckman says sophomore running back Dami Ayoola has been kicked off the team for an unspecified violation of team rules.
Beckman said Tuesday that the Fort Lauderdale, Fla., native will no longer be with the team. A day earlier, Beckman said only that he was working through "a situation" with Ayoola.
Ayoola was one of Beckman's top signings in his first recruiting class at Illinois. The 5-foot-10, 205-pound Ayoola played in 11 games as a freshman and rushed for 117 yards and two touchdowns on 26 carries.
He didn't play Saturday as Illinois opened the season with a win over Southern Illinois.
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Early voting for primary races ends Saturday
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Speed cams start issuing tickets in some areas
- CPD officer remembered as 'true blue knight'
- Kennedy Expressway reversible lanes closed Saturday
- 'Louder Than A Bomb' Poetry Slam 41 min ago
- Mercy Home For Boys & Girls 17 min ago
- Film offers glimpse of 1940s-era Chicago
- abcnews: Doctor Performs Illegal, Cut-Rate Butt... 53 min ago
- Chicago River dyed green for St. Patrick's...
32 min ago
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
23 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos