NCAA: Irish transfer Badger eligible for BYU
BYU says the NCAA approved a waiver that will allow Notre Dame transfer safety Chris Badger to play immediately.
PROVO, Utah -- BYU says the NCAA approved a waiver that will allow Notre Dame transfer safety Chris Badger to play immediately.
Badger, a Provo native, enrolled at Notre Dame out of high school, but went on a two-year Mormon mission and put off college. He redshirted at Notre Dame last year, then decided to transfer to BYU to be near his ill mother.
The NCAA granted his request to waive the transfer requirement to sit out another full season.
BYU plays Utah on Saturday and Notre Dame on Nov. 23.
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Tinley Park hosts St. Patrick's Day parade
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park 53 min ago
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos