Joe Girardi's father passes away near Peoria
October 11, 2012 (PEORIA, Ill.) (WLS) -- In the midst of an exciting and dramatic baseball playoff season, Yankees manager Joe Girardi will guide the Bronx Bombers with a heavy heart.
Girardi's father, Jerry, died Saturday in Metamora, Ill., a suburb of Peoria.
The elder Girardi suffered from Alzheimer's disease. He was 81.
Funeral services are set to take place Monday morning at 10 a.m. at Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Peoria.
Joe will be in the dugout Thursday night when the Yankees host the Orioles in Game 4.
A Yankees win and they advance to the ALCS.
mlb, jim rose
- Tanker truck rollover closes eastbound Indiana Toll Road 44 min ago
- Carbon monoxide injures 12 in Skokie
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 17 min ago
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to be donated 20 min ago
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours
- Deal requires removal of Chicago 'petcoke' piles
- Rogers Park stabbing seriously injures woman, 21
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- City triples budget to board up closed CPS schools
- Teen dies day after Little Village shooting
- CTA Blue Line train service resumes
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
17 min ago
- 7 in :77
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to...
20 min ago