Braves get catcher Doumit in Twins trade
Looking for catching depth after losing Brian McCann to free agency, the Atlanta Braves have acquired Ryan Doumit from the Minnesota Twins for left-hander Sean Gilmartin.
The 32-year-old Doumit could share time with Evan Gattis, a rookie last season who is McCann's projected replacement as Atlanta's primary starter.
Doumit played his first seven seasons with Pittsburgh, then spent two years in Minnesota. He hit .247 with 14 homers and 55 RBIs this year, when he started only 43 games at catcher and also played in the outfield.
Gilmartin, the 28th overall pick in the 2011 amateur draft, was 3-8 with a 5.74 ERA at Triple-A Gwinnett last season.
The trade was announced Wednesday.
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos