Source: Ibanez, Angels nearing 1-year deal
Raul Ibanez is close to finalizing a one-year deal with the Los Angeles Angels, a baseball source confirmed to ESPN.com.
Multiple reports said the deal is for a $2.75 million base salary and includes incentives that could increase the payout to $5 million. It is expected to be complete when Ibanez passes a physical exam.
Ibanez is a career .276 hitter with 300 home runs in 18 seasons with Seattle, Kansas City, Philadelphia and the New York Yankees. He hit 29 home runs for the Mariners in 2013 but batted only .203 with five homers after the All-Star break.
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van 12 min ago
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute 9 min ago
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party 16 min ago
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Pay-by-phone coming for Chicago parking meters 11 min ago
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- California earthquake centered in Eureka measures 6.9 magnitude
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- 7 in :77
41 min ago
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park
47 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment...
48 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos