Busy A's acquire OF Brown from Nationals
In yet another December trade by general manager Billy Beane, the Oakland Athletics have acquired outfielder Corey Brown from the Washington Nationals for cash.
Brown has played in 36 major league games in parts of three seasons, batting .175 with two homers and four RBIs.
After recently trading Seth Smith to San Diego, the addition of Brown provides further depth to an outfield figuring to feature Yoenis Cespedes in left field, Coco Crisp in center and Josh Reddick in right.
The 28-year-old Brown, a first-round pick by Oakland in the 2007 amateur draft out of Oklahoma State, can play all three outfield positions.
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- Man struck by cars in Lincolnwood dies, police say
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Metra train strikes pedestrian in New Lenox
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects to remain jailed
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos