Manny Ramirez battery charge dropped in Fla.
A Florida prosecutor has dismissed a misdemeanor domestic battery charge against baseball star Manny Ramirez because his wife won't cooperate in the investigation.FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. -- A Florida prosecutor has dismissed a misdemeanor domestic battery charge against baseball star Manny Ramirez because his wife won't cooperate in the investigation.
A spokesman for Broward County State Attorney Michael Satz said Friday the office was unable to serve a subpoena on Ramirez's wife, who was the alleged victim. Ramirez had pleaded not guilty to slapping his wife, Juliana Ramirez, in the Sept. 12 incident, in which she said her head struck a bed headboard.
The 2004 World Series MVP with the Boston Red Sox is at spring training with the Oakland Athletics. He also played for the Los Angeles Dodgers, Cleveland Indians, Tampa Bay Rays and Chicago White Sox.
Ramirez must sit out the first 50 games this season because of a violation of MLB drug policy.
- Mother questions why Harvey police shot son
- Man shot in Palos Heights home invasion
- Local runners preparing for Boston Marathon
- Suspect sought in Boystown alley sex assault
- Loop bank robbery suspect arrested
- Drunk driver charged with driving 118 mph on I-55
- Police fatally shoot 'vicious' dog on South Side
- Teen smoking sees dramatic drop in Chicago
- Shedd announces female penguin chick's name
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos