Millwood allows no hits thru 6, then leaves game
Seattle Mariners right-hander Kevin Millwood left Friday night's game against the Los Angeles Dodgers at Safeco Field after not allowing a hit through the first six innings.Seattle Mariners right-hander Kevin Millwood left Friday night's game against the Los Angeles Dodgers at Safeco Field with a mild right groin strain after not allowing a hit through the first six innings.
Manager Eric Wedge and home-plate umpire Brian Runge came to the mound after Millwood appeared to have difficulty throwing a warm-up pitch before the start of the seventh. The veteran right-hander left the field and headed directly to the clubhouse.
Millwood only gave up one walk while striking out six. He had thrown 68 pitches.
Charlie Furbush relieved Millwood with the no-hitter still in tact and the game tied 0-0.
- 2 bodies found in trunk of car in West Englewood
- How much money will be saved by school closures?
- Lombard man charged with threatening Glenbard East H.S. 2 min ago
- Donald Trump civil trial jury deliberations begin
- 4 school buses crash in Indiana, 50 injured 8 min ago
- Mahalia Jackson community glad school will stay open
- West Aurora sex abuse probe ends without arrests
- Palmer House Hilton up for sale
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help
- abcnews: Twitter Beefs Up User Security
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos