Sources: Toronto close to naming new manager
The Blue Jays are close to announcing their next manager less than a month after John Farrell left for the same position with the Boston Red Sox, sources said.The Toronto Blue Jays are close to announcing their next manager less than a month after John Farrell left for the same position as part of a trade with the Boston Red Sox, sources have told ESPN The Magazine's Buster Olney.
Two of the final names being discussed were Jim Tracy and Jim Riggleman, the sources said.
Tracy resigned from the Colorado Rockies last month after the team set a franchise record for losses with a 64-98 record.
Riggleman last managed in the big leagues for the Washington Nationals in June 2011, when he abruptly quit after general manager Mike Rizzo declined to discuss a contract extension. He has since been managing for a Cincinnati Reds Double-A club in Pensacola, Fla.
- Dangerous cold for Bears game
- Austin fire destroys building, leaves 10 homeless
- Rod Blagojevich arrest marks 5th anniversary
- Computer science to become CPS core subject
- Police: Evanston drug deal might have led to armed robbery
- Chicago pastor investigated for child sex abuse
- 1 dead, several injured in Racine pile-up
- 2-year-old girl killed by dog on South Side 50 min ago
- Shirley MacLaine on Kennedy Center Honors: 'It's about time'
- 'Frozen' takes top box office spot with $31.6M
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
22 min ago
- Deer falls through ice in Willow Springs
26 min ago
- Happy Ditka Day! 'Da Coach' jersey to be...
25 min ago
- Passengers stranded overnight at O'Hare...
16 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos