Sources: Toronto close to naming new manager
The Blue Jays are close to announcing their next manager less than a month after John Farrell left for the same position with the Boston Red Sox, sources said.The Toronto Blue Jays are close to announcing their next manager less than a month after John Farrell left for the same position as part of a trade with the Boston Red Sox, sources have told ESPN The Magazine's Buster Olney.
Two of the final names being discussed were Jim Tracy and Jim Riggleman, the sources said.
Tracy resigned from the Colorado Rockies last month after the team set a franchise record for losses with a 64-98 record.
Riggleman last managed in the big leagues for the Washington Nationals in June 2011, when he abruptly quit after general manager Mike Rizzo declined to discuss a contract extension. He has since been managing for a Cincinnati Reds Double-A club in Pensacola, Fla.
- 4 dead, 15 shot in citywide gun violence 48 min ago
- Amtrak train from New Orleans to Chicago derails
- Quinn, parents of Newtown victims, speak on gun control 24 min ago
- Toddler found alone on West Side reunited with parents
- Daily Herald: Gender Pay Gap
- 12 arrested after rowdiness reports near Michigan Avenue
- Blackhawks fall to Red Wings 4-1, series evened, 1-1
- 2 split $190M Mega Millions jackpot
- Boy, 12, critically hurt in Little Village shooting
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos