Twins sign reliever Burton for 2 years, $5.5M
The Minnesota Twins have agreed to terms with right-handed reliever Jared Burton on a two-year, $5.5 million contract that includes a club option for the 2015 season.
The deal was worked out Thursday at baseball's winter meetings in Nashville, Tenn.
The 31-year-old Burton had five saves and a 2.18 ERA in 62 innings with 16 walks and 55 strikeouts in 2012, his first season with the Twins. Burton became the primary eighth-inning setup man for closer Glen Perkins. Burton previously pitched for the Cincinnati Reds.
Burton will make $2.05 million in 2013 and $3.25 million in 2014. The Twins hold a $3.6 million option for 2015 with a $200,000 buyout.
- Burned body found inside Avondale dumpster
- Man accused of sexually assaulting, abusing teen girls 32 min ago
- Desiree Rogers named chair of Chicago tourism board 21 min ago
- School shooting remembered 25 years later
- Relative of murdered Chicago child fatally shot
- WWI submarine has underwater Lake Michigan grave 59 min ago
- 4 dead, 15 shot in citywide gun violence
- Shots fired, multi-car crash in Hammond Walmart parking lot
- Photos: Eva Longoria on night of wardrobe malfunction
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin
- 7 in :77
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos