A's place Crisp, Anderson on disabled list
Athletics outfielder Coco Crisp and left-hander Brett Anderson have been put on the 15-day disabled list.
Oakland selected the contract of catcher Luke Montz from Sacramento of the Pacific Coast League and recalled right-hander Dan Straily from the Triple-A team before Wednesday's series finale against the Los Angeles Angels.
Crisp strained his left hamstring trying to beat out an infield grounder in the 13th inning of Monday's 10-8, 19-inning win over the Angels, and the roster move was made retroactive to Tuesday. Anderson aggravated his right ankle in the 18th inning trying to field a ball.
Crisp is hitting .283 with five homers and 12 RBIs in 24 games and is second in the AL with 24 runs. Anderson is 1-4 with a 6.21 ERA in six games.
Montz has not played in the major leagues since 2008 with Washington.
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Lawsuit filed against cops accused of lying in court
- I-Team: Misconduct alleged at US Marshal's office
- I-Team: Warning about home loans
- Huntley votes to ban e-cigarettes in schools
- Man shot in Lincoln Square
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
- 7 in :77
9 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos