Jays' Dickey cleared to start Saturday after MRI
Blue Jays knuckleballer R.A. Dickey has been diagnosed with mild inflammation in his neck and back following an MRI, and will get an extra day of rest before his next start, Saturday against Seattle.TORONTO -- Blue Jays knuckleballer R.A. Dickey has been diagnosed with mild inflammation in his neck and back following an MRI, and will get an extra day of rest before his next start, Saturday against Seattle.
The 2011 National League Cy Young award winner, Dickey left an April 18 start against the Chicago White Sox after six shutout innings with neck and back tightness and has lost his two starts since, April 23 at Baltimore and April 28 at New York.
Dickey underwent an MRI before Wednesday's game against the Red Sox and felt fine after throwing in the bullpen before the game, manager John Gibbons said. Dickey is 2-4 with a 4.50 ERA in six starts with Toronto this season.
Gibbons said right-hander Josh Johnson will start Friday against Seattle, his first appearance since being scratched from a start last Friday because of tightness in his right triceps. Johnson is 0-1 with a 6.86 ERA in four starts.
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes
- Alvarez, Kirk call to end online sex trafficking 51 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student 38 min ago
- Man struck by cars in Lincolnwood dies, police say
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Metra train strikes pedestrian in New Lenox
- Photos: Semi overturns, dumps beads on Tri-State
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
16 min ago
- Spring-like day followed by snow
27 min ago
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by...
58 min ago
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
42 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos