Report: Reid Ryan to be new Astros president
Reid Ryan, the son of Hall of Fame pitcher Nolan Ryan, will be named the next president of the Houston Astros, MLB.com reported.
Reid Ryan, the son of Hall of Fame pitcher Nolan Ryan, will be named the next president of the Houston Astros, MLB.com reported Thursday.
According to the report, the Astros will introduce Reid Ryan at a Friday news conference.
The hiring of Reid Ryan will end a short search for a new president after George Postolos announced his resignation Monday.
Reid Ryan, 41, has been serving on the board of trustees for Major League Baseball, the executive committee of the Pacific Coast League and is the board of trustees representative for the Baseball Internet Rights Company.
Reid Ryan's father played nine of his 27 major league seasons with the Astros, and is baseball's all-time strikeout leader. He is currently president and CEO of the Texas Rangers.
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train 51 min ago
- ABC7's Ravi Baichwal takes part in dance event 53 min ago
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD
- China: Vietnam detects signal from missing...
10 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift...
14 min ago
- Rare Tea Cellar stocks one-of-a-kind products
3 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos