Rays' Price (triceps) to throw simulated game
AL Cy Young Award winner David Price is scheduled to throw his first simulated game Thursday since being sidelined last month by a strained left triceps.ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- AL Cy Young Award winner David Price is scheduled to throw his first simulated game Thursday since being sidelined last month by a strained left triceps.
The Tampa Bay left-hander, put on the disabled list for the first time in his career May 16, could rejoin the rotation by late June or early July.
Price was first scheduled to throw the simulated game Saturday, but Rays manager Joe Maddon said the pitcher threw so well in his second bullpen session Monday that the timeline was moved up.
Price is 1-4 with a 5.24 ERA after going 20-5 with a 2.56 ERA in 2012.
The Rays bullpen was short-handed for Tuesday night's game against Boston after seven relievers pitched in Monday night's 10-8, 14-inning loss to the Red Sox.
- Former Will Co. jail inmate sues over alleged excessive force 34 min ago
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- 11th District Republicans hope to unseat Bill Foster 46 min ago
- Missing plane may have created seismic event, Chinese...
- Chicagoan helping to empower college students
- Woodstock man accused in 8 rapes waives jury trial 59 min ago
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- Bears agree to 1-year deal with Tillman
- Video: Time-Lapse Video: Snow Melt in Naperville 54 min ago
- abcnews: Cops Seek Bad Witch Who Stole Ruby Red...
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
15 min ago
- CPD officer killed in crash after police...
49 min ago
- Former Will Co. jail inmate sues over...
34 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos