Moreland rejoins Rangers for Cardinals series
The Texas Rangers activated first baseman Mitch Moreland from the 15-day disabled list on Friday and he'll be in uniform for Friday's interleague series opener at St. Louis.
In a corresponding roster move, the Rangers optioned right-hander Josh Lindblom to Triple-A Round Rock. Lindblom started Thursday against Oakland and allowed two runs in five innings in a no-decision.
Moreland has been out since June 6 with a right hamstring strain suffered running the bases the previous night in Boston. He is batting .288 with 12 home runs and 29 RBIs. Moreland was 6-for-12 with a home run and three RBIs in three rehab games for Double-A Frisco.
Also Friday, the Rangers traded right-hander Yoshinori Tateyama to the New York Yankees for future considerations. Tateyama, who had been with Triple-A Round Rock, is 0-1 with a 4.24 ERA and one save in 23 games for the Express. He has been assigned by the Yankees to Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.
- Chicago archdiocese to release more abuse files
- Chicago targets in terrorist crosshairs, new al Qaeda magazine...
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million
- Early voting for primary races ends Saturday
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- CPD officer remembered as 'true blue knight'
- abcnews: Missing plane a 'deliberate act,' Malaysia...
- Disabled lawyer devoted to making world accessible
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos