Moreland rejoins Rangers for Cardinals series
The Texas Rangers activated first baseman Mitch Moreland from the 15-day disabled list on Friday and he'll be in uniform for Friday's interleague series opener at St. Louis.
In a corresponding roster move, the Rangers optioned right-hander Josh Lindblom to Triple-A Round Rock. Lindblom started Thursday against Oakland and allowed two runs in five innings in a no-decision.
Moreland has been out since June 6 with a right hamstring strain suffered running the bases the previous night in Boston. He is batting .288 with 12 home runs and 29 RBIs. Moreland was 6-for-12 with a home run and three RBIs in three rehab games for Double-A Frisco.
Also Friday, the Rangers traded right-hander Yoshinori Tateyama to the New York Yankees for future considerations. Tateyama, who had been with Triple-A Round Rock, is 0-1 with a 4.24 ERA and one save in 23 games for the Express. He has been assigned by the Yankees to Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.
- Man stabbed in back on McKinley Park street
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1 28 min ago
- Bulls 1st round playoff schedule vs Wizards released 36 min ago
- Meeting addresses consequences of 'sexting'
- Skill Champ app designed for children with autism
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Police release sketch in Albany Park attempted kidnapping
- Growing Problem: Stolen Smart Phones
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- 7 in :77
3 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos