Cabrera to miss 4th straight game for Tigers
Tigers slugger Miguel Cabrera is out of Detroit's lineup for a fourth straight game because of an injured left hip.
DETROIT -- Tigers slugger Miguel Cabrera is out of Detroit's lineup for a fourth straight game because of an injured left hip.
Trainer Kevin Rand says the reigning Triple Crown winner is improving but needs a little more time to recover. The third baseman is hitting a major league-best .358 with 31 home runs and 96 RBIs.
Outfielder Torii Hunter also was scratched from Detroit's lineup for Friday night's game against Philadelphia. Hunter left Thursday's game against the Chicago White Sox in the eighth inning because of a sore left Achilles tendon. He said the problem was caused by dress shoes that were too tight.
Second baseman Omar Infante is still unable to return. He has been on the disabled list since July 4 because of a sprained left ankle.
- Chicago casino plans to be heard at Wednesday hearing
- Carl Sandburg H.S. on 'soft lockdown'
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours
- Cubs unveil plans for Wrigley's 100th birthday
- Neighbors rescue kids from West Pullman fire
- Michelle Obama to meet with CPS students in DC
- Amber Creek murder suspect appears at preliminary hearing
- Resurfacing project begins to fill potholes
- Gurnee man sentenced in sex assaults of 2 kids
- Huntley teen charged, allegedly crashed SUV into home
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos