Cards choose Wacha over Miller for Game 4
The St. Louis Cardinals chose Michael Wacha over fellow rookie Shelby Miller to start a potential Game 4 of the NL division series.
Miller led major league rookies with 15 wins but Wacha (4-1, 2.78) is fresher and gets the nod Sunday against Pittsburgh's Charlie Morton (7-4, 3.26). Manager Mike Matheny said it was hard to ignore Wacha's near no-hitter against the Nationals last week. Wacha fell one out short of the no-no in his final regular-season start.
Miller warmed up in the Pirates' two-run third during Game 2 on Friday. Both rookies had been available in the opener.
- Chicago man killed in Salt Lake City stabbing 17 min ago
- Man ID'd after fatal crash on Ryan-Skyway ramp 8 min ago
- BMO Harris Bank branch in Austin robbed 48 min ago
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- YMCA in Naperville gears up for 'Healthy Kids Day'
- Person drowns in kayak accident on Fox River
- Cardinal George presides over Easter vigil mass 8 min ago
- Blackhawks lose 4-3 in OT to St. Louis Blues
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home
- UCP Seguin 1 year after merger
32 min ago
- Earth Day Family Fun: Dirt dessert recipe
35 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos