Source: A-Rod appeal halts as arbitrator busy
The proceedings for Alex Rodriguez's appeal of his 211-game suspension for alleged illegal PED use are on hold until the week of Oct. 14, and they likely won't resume until Oct. 15, according to a source involved in the hearing.
NEW YORK -- Because arbitrator Fredric Horowitz has other commitments, the proceedings for Alex Rodriguez's appeal of his 211-game suspension for alleged illegal performance-enhancing drug use in connection with baseball's Biogenesis investigation are on hold until the week of Oct. 14, and they likely won't resume until Oct. 15, according to a source involved in the hearing.
Rodriguez's attorneys were in the process of cross-examining Anthony Bosch, the former proprietor of the now-shuttered Miami-area anti-aging clinic, which is suspected by baseball of being a source of illegal PED use for some of its players, when time ran out Friday afternoon. That will pick up again when the closed-door hearing resumes next week.
Rodriguez ended last week with a flurry of litigation, filing a lawsuit on Thursday against Major League Baseball for tortious interference and a medical malpractice suit against Yankees team physician Chris Ahmad on Friday for allegedly misdiagnosing his hip injury last October. Sources with knowledge of the proceedings say another lawsuit could be forthcoming against the Yankees for allegedly "conspiring with Major League Baseball" to run the sport's leading active home run hitter out of the game.
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday 35 min ago
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night 41 min ago
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed 15 min ago
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge 46 min ago
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Chicagoans 'save,' electric bills skyrocket
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- 7 in :77
49 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos