Report: USA Basketball gets roster extension
USA Basketball chairman Jerry Colangelo won't have to submit the 12-man roster for the men's Olympic basketball team until July 8, according to a USA Today report.USA Basketball chairman Jerry Colangelo won't have to submit the 12-man roster for the men's Olympic basketball team until July 8, according to a USA Today report.
According to the report, Colangelo asked for and received an extension on selecting the final roster. The original deadline set by the U.S. Olympic Committee was June 18, but Colangelo will now have until July 8, two days after the start of training camp in Las Vegas.
Davis led Kentucky to the NCAA championship, winning the Most Outstanding Player award at the Final Four, and is expected to be the No. 1 pick in the NBA draft. Harden, a guard, is one of the NBA's top sixth men.
The remaining healthy finalists are: Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, Kevin Durant, Carmelo Anthony, Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Blake Griffin, Russell Westbrook, Tyson Chandler, Kevin Love, Andre Iguodala, Rudy Gay, Eric Gordon and Lamar Odom -- though Odom's status is uncertain after his poor season that resulted in the Dallas Mavericks deactivating him.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
- Boy, 12, among 8 shot across city 53 min ago
- Mumps reports spike across Illinois
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Lawsuit filed against cops accused of lying in court
- I-Team: Misconduct alleged at US Marshal's office
- I-Team: Warning about home loans
- Good Friday 2014 marked in Jerusalem, around world
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, pioneer of magical realism, dead at 87
- Photos: 13-pound baby boy born in Philly suburb 22 min ago
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
- 7 in :77
- Benny the Bull on the Sears Tower
35 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos