Hornets finalize buyout, waive veteran Lewis
The Hornets have waived Rashard Lewis, a move they've been expected to make since acquiring the 14-year veteran forward in a trade with Washington.NEW ORLEANS -- The New Orleans Hornets have waived Rashard Lewis, a move they've been expected to make since acquiring the 14-year veteran forward in a trade with Washington.
Lewis was entering the final year of a $118 million, six-year contract, which included a $13.7 million buyout provision for the last year of the deal.
The 6-foot-10 Lewis has averaged 16.1 points, 5.6 rebounds and 1.8 assists during his career. Hampered by knee injuries last season, he played in only 28 games for the Wizards, averaging 7.8 points and 3.9 rebounds.
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder
- $1.5M boat catches fire, trespasser arrested
- Distance not the issue with CPS safe passage
- South Loop shooting injures 2
- Boy runs away from attempted kidnapper at Bell
- Free Sunday parking plan faces scrutiny
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO Scolded By 9-Year-Old
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos