Hornets sign No. 1 pick Davis, Rivers to deals
New Orleans Hornets first-round draft choices Anthony Davis and Austin Rivers have signed their rookie contracts.NEW ORLEANS -- New Orleans Hornets first-round draft choices Anthony Davis and Austin Rivers have signed their rookie contracts.
The moves, announced by the club Tuesday, are formalities for players chosen in the first round. The values of their rookie deals are outlined in the NBA's collective bargaining agreement.
As the first pick in this summer's draft, the 6-foot-11 Davis receives a three-year guaranteed contract worth a little more than $16 million, with just over $5 million paid in the first year.
Rivers, a 6-4 guard picked 10th overall, receives a three-year guaranteed deal worth nearly $5.9 million, with nearly $1.9 million paid during his rookie season.
The Hornets' second-round pick, 6-8 forward Darius Miller, still must negotiate his contract. Generally, contracts for second-round picks are not fully guaranteed.
- Chicago Shooting Count: 8 shot in 9 hours Monday
- Chicago man creates smartphone safety app 28 min ago
- Supreme Court grants Madigan more time on guns
- Lombard's Los Burritos Mexicanos still closed after E. coli cases
- Might you be overpaying for smartphone data? 10 min ago
- Bruins beat Blackhawks in NHL finals Game 3
- UofC biochem student missing 6 days
- Report: Special session on pension to cost $40K a day
- Car slams into Sauk Village apartment, sleeping couple injured 21 min ago
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
- Car slams into Sauk Village apartment,...
21 min ago
- Might you be overpaying for smartphone data?
10 min ago
- Woman sexually abused in Mayfair park
46 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos