Bobcats lose reserve Thomas for two months
The Bobcats have announced that forward Tyrus Thomas is expected to miss approximately two months with a torn muscle in his lower left leg.
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- The Bobcats have announced that forward Tyrus Thomas is expected to miss approximately two months with a torn muscle in his lower left leg.
An MRI revealed a second-degree strain of his left calf muscle and a tear of the plantaris muscle, a smaller muscle that assists the calf in flexing the ankle.
No surgery will be needed.
Thomas suffered the injury during Saturday night's loss to Memphis. In eight games played this season, Thomas is averaging 6.6 points, 3.1 rebounds and 1.4 blocks in 17.8 minutes per game.
- ON DEMAND: ABC 7 Chicago's 'Heart and Soul'
- Young singer with autism releases inspirational song 49 min ago
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in Chicago, around world
- ComEd vault fire in West Loop
- Astor House tenants face eviction
- Cancer patient without heat after power shut off
- 'Peeping Tom' caught watching woman before assault
- Dylan's electric guitar sells for nearly $1M
- Photos: Pearl Harbor anniversary
- abcnews: Alleged Cannibal Ran Hotel With Grilling Area
- Snow in forecast as shoppers brave deep...
39 min ago
- Young singer with autism releases...
49 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos